LOT GOES TO SODOM
It is Abram who makes the division. It took a big man to tell Lot this. In other words, Abram is saying that Lot could choose what he wanted and Abram would take what was left.
Genesis 13:11-13 KJV
 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.
 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.
And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered everywhere, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the Garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as you come unto Zoar
- “The lust of the eyes”. That was a beautiful spot in those days.
Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
- Lot didn’t seem to realize, as most don’t realize, that he was blessed by God because of Abraham.
- He should have said to Abraham, that whatever the Patriarch desired, that’s what he desired.
- But instead, he chose for himself, and as the future will prove, chose very unwisely.
- When he separated himself from Abraham, he separated himself from the Blessing.
Abram dwelt in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelt in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.
- Slowly but surely, the self-will of Lot takes him toward destruction, even as self-will always does.
But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly
- The Holy Spirit through Moses, as he wrote the text, is very quick to characterize Sodom and its inhabitants.
I hope that you have really enjoyed this post,
Please Leave All Comments in the Comment Box Below ↓