|Title: Real-Life Discipleship Training Manual: Equipping Disciples Who Make Disciples
By: Jim Putman, Brandon Guindon, Bill Krause
Number of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 10.75 X 8.50 X .75 (inches)
Weight: 1 pound 7 ounces
Stock No: WW215591
As I boarded the plane back to Oregon, I couldn’t help but think, If this church ends up looking like every other struggling church I’ve ever been in, what will we have accomplished? On Sunday evenings, I had been flying to northern Idaho to meet with a small group of people who wanted to plant a new church and me to become their pastor. If I agreed, how could I ensure we did not end up like so many other churches: struggling to survive, hoping for a better way, but not reaching the potential of God’s design for His church?
I accepted the offer to become their pastor, and the training manual you have in your hands explains how I and the rest of the leadership team at Real Life Ministries answered those questions. There isn’t much theory here. Instead, it is the day-by-day, boots-on-the-ground game plan that we use every day at our church. For the next twelve weeks, I along with Avery Willis, Brandon Guindon, and Bill Krause will coach you through a clear and uncomplicated way to make disciples.
Avery is the executive director of the International Orality Network, and he speaks around the world to both oral and literate audiences.
Brandon is the executive pastor at Real Life Ministries. He, along with his team, pioneered the small-groups ministry at Real Life.
Bill serves as the family ministry team leader at Real Life Ministries. Together we have boiled down the lessons our church learned through trial and error and put them into this workbook format.
You will need twenty to thirty minutes five days each week to do the assignments. It is important for you to complete each learning exercise before reading further. Each day will include interactive activities, passages to look up, and a review section that will summarize what you should have learned.
Week 1 : A Heart to Make Disciples
- Day 1 : What Does Winning Look Like?
- Day 2 : How Do We Obey Jesus’ Command?
- Day 3 : Make Disciples as You Go
- Day 4 : The Church Is God’s Team
- Day 5 : On This Team, Everyone Plays
Week 2 : What Is a Disciple?
- Day 1 : Jesus Invites Us to Be Disciples
- Day 2 : “Follow Me”
- Day 3 : “And I Will Make You”
- Day 4 : “Fishers of Men”
- Day 5 : The Invitation Is the Definition!
Week 3 : How Disciples Grow
- Day 1 : The Spiritually Dead
- Day 2 : The Spiritual Infant
- Day 3 : The Spiritual Child
- Day 4 : The Spiritual Young Adult
- Day 5 : The Spiritual Parent
Week 4 : Three Keys to Making Disciples
- Day 1 : A Successful Journey
- Day 2 : Key #1: An Intentional Leader
- Day 3 : Key #2: A Relational Environment
- Day 4 : Key #3: A Reproducible Process
- Day 5 : The Limitless Potential of God’s Plan
Week 5 : How to Be an Intentional Leader
- Day 1 : Intentional Leaders Imitate Jesus
- Day 2 : Intentional Leaders Understand the Game
- Day 3 : Intentional Leaders Evaluate the Players
- Day 4 : Intentional Leaders Create an Environment for Growth
- Day 5 : Understanding God’s Role, Our Role, and the Disciple’s Role
Week 6 : A Closer Look at a Relational Environment
- Day 1 : Small-Group Priority
- Day 2 : Opening Relationships So Disciples Can Grow
- Day 3 : Real Teaching, Real Learning
- Day 4 : Shepherding Disciples
- Day 5 : Shepherding Each Other
Week 7 : A Closer Look at the Reproducible Process
- Day 1 : The SCMD Process
- Day 2 : Jesus Modeled Sharing
- Day 3 : Jesus Modeled Connecting
- Day 4 : Jesus Modeled Training for Ministry
- Day 5 : Jesus Modeled Releasing Disciples
Week 8 : Share: Being Intentional with the Spiritually Dead and Spiritual Infants
- Day 1 : Sharing Your Testimony
- Day 2 : Sharing the Gospel Message
- Day 3 : Sharing Your Life
- Day 4 : Sharing New Truth
- Day 5 : Sharing New Habits
Week 9 : Connect: Helping Spiritual Children Grow
- Day 1 : Relationships Matter
- Day 2 : Helping Spiritual Children Connect with Their Father
- Day 3 : Connecting Spiritual Children with God’s Family
- Day 4 : Connecting Spiritual Children to Their Purpose in Christ
- Day 5 : Handling Conflicts
Week 10 : Minister: Helping Young Adults Help Others
- Day 1 : Making the Transition
- Day 2 : Equipping to Minister
- Day 3 : Providing Ministry Opportunities
- Day 4 : Released to Do Ministry
- Day 5 : A Break for Review
Week 11 : Disciple: Being Intentional with Spiritual Parents
- Day 1 : Making the Transition to Parenthood
- Day 2 : Explaining the Discipleship Process
- Day 3 : Disciplining Together
- Day 4 : Releasing to Disciple Alone
- Day 5 : Maintaining Relationships among Spiritual Parents
Week 12 : One Necessary Tool: A Small-Group Curriculum
- Day 1 : Why Bible Storying?
- Day 2 : A Storying Session
- Day 3 : How to Use Bible Stories to Make Disciples
- Day 4 : The Phrase from the Stage
- Day 5 : Guiding the Story in Their Heads, Hearts, and Hands
It is possible for you to work though this book on your own, but we recommend that you work through it with a group of three to ten people. If you are leading the group, we have a leader’s guide at the back of this training manual that will help you facilitate the group.
By the end of the first week, you should be able to explain why making disciples is a priority for both you and your church. By the end of the twelfth week, you should be better equipped to make disciples. Our objective is that you will become a more intentional disciple-maker and have a strong grasp of the process Jesus modeled for us.
Please Leave All Comments in the Comment Box Below ↓